If you still live in the property and have reported your repair to your local Council or Housing Association by text, email, or phone and the landlord still hasn’t repaired the issues after 3 MONTHS, you can claim compensation. In our experience in dealing with housing disrepair claims, our previous clients have received compensation varying anything from £1,000 to £30,000. Community Solution Services has a network of specialist solicitors that operates on a NO WIN NO FEE basis and offers you a free home survey to assess any damage.

Start Your Claim

Community Solution Services

About Us

Community Solution Services (CSS) have decades of experience and work with a network of specialist Housing Disrepair solicitors. We appreciate that making a claim can be daunting, so our focus is on ensuring the process is as simple as possible and recovering the maximum compensation for you. Our specialists are here to guide you through your case with clear, honest, and confident advice from start to finish.

Community Solution Services

How much compensation will I receive?

The amount of compensation you will receive depends on the severity and how long ago you reported the disrepair. Other significant factors that can affect your compensation amount are whether you suffered any personal injury, health issues, or whether you needed to move out of the property due to its disrepair and unfit for habitation.
In our experience in dealing with housing disrepair claims, our previous clients have received compensation varying from £1,000 to £30,000.

Claim Compensation

Claim Compensation From Your Housing Association or Council if Repairs Are Not Getting Done
As a tenant of any rented house, be that with your local Council or Housing Association, you have the right to live in a safe and well-maintained property. Your landlord is responsible for carrying out repairs you have reported to them promptly and to a satisfactory standard.
If disrepair problems in your home have made you or someone in your household ill, damaged your belongings, or caused you inconvenience, you should be eligible to claim compensation. You can also claim back rent if you haven’t been able to use part or all of your home because of the disrepair.

Issues Reported

Have you made a complaint about any of the following types of damage to your Council or Housing Association, and they didn’t repair it within three months? If so, start your claim today!

Any other damage to your property, no matter how minor

What Can You Claim Compensation for?

In general, you may find that you can claim compensation for the following items.

Landlord Obligations & your Rights

Under most tenancy agreements, a landlord has obligations to maintain, repair, and ensure the exterior and structure of the building. They must ensure installations for gas, water supply, heating, water sanitation, and electricity are in proper working condition.

Compensation claims

If you live in a rented property that requires repair and your landlord has refused to fix the damage. Providing you have made a complaint and have given reasonable time for the landlord to fix the damage, you can be compensated for the discomfort and inconvenience you have experienced.

Your landlord is responsible for:

Faulty heating
Vegetation growth
Leaking roof
Damp and mould
Unsafe flooring & stairs
Plumbing & Drainage problems
Rotting windows
Damaged/worn brickwork

If you are a Council or Housing Association tenant, then we're on your side!

Start Your Claim